Affiliate of the Year Award
Beginning in 2009, NAPALSA has started acknowledging the contributions of a NAPALSA Affiliate organization at the joint NAPALSA/NAPABA Annual Conference with a monetary award of five hundred dollars ($500.00). This award will be termed the Affiliate of the Year Award and will recognize an outstanding Affiliate member demonstrating a commitment to the mission of NAPALSA, its law student members, and the promotion of the Asian Pacific American legal community.
To be considered for the Affiliate of the Year Award, your organization must be a current dues-paying Affiliate member of the National Asian Pacific American Law Student Association. Affiliates do not need to be present at the NAPALSA Conference in order to be eligible for the Award.
The Affiliate of the Year will be chosen according to the following criteria:
- Demonstrated commitment to the Mission and Goals of the National Asian Pacific American Law Student Association;
- Excellence in contributions to the Asian Pacific American legal community;
- Service projects or events benefiting the greater community; and
- Dedication to Asian Pacific American law student members.
To apply, please submit the following materials (deadline October 28, 2012):
- Cover Sheet that includes: Organization Name, School, Mailing Address, Contact Person, Telephone Number, Email Address, and List of 2011-2012 Officers.
- Evidence of current NAPALSA Affiliate status (ie. receipt of dues letter or copy of check)
- Organization Mission Statement or Constitution
- Name and Contact Information of Dean of Students (or like position that may verify your organization)
- Personal/Organization Statement explaining why your NAPALSA Affiliate best meets the Selection Criteria. Please use 12-point font, double-spaced. Please limit your statement to no more than 3 pages. Your statement must be submitted as a separate MS Word document.
- All applications must be transmitted ELECTRONICALLY to email@example.com with the subject heading "AFFILIATE AWARD APPLICATION." All materials should be submitted in a single email. The Personal/Organization Statement must be submitted as a separate MS Word document. Incomplete applications or applications failing to follow these instructions will be ineligible for consideration.
- Once all the applications are received, the President will assign all Personal/Organization Statement a random alpha-numeric code to ensure impartiality in decision-making by the NAPALSA Award Selection Committee.
- Award Recipients will be notified by telephone and email. Award recipients will be acknowledged at the NAPABA Gala Dinner and receive recognition on the NAPALSA website.
If you have any further questions about the Affiliate of the Year Award, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
. Thank you and good luck!