Why join NAPALSA?
NAPALSA continues to be the only national student-led organization to link affiliated Asian Pacific American law student organizations and law students across the country, and promote their interests. By joining NAPALSA, you and your APA organization are directly benefiting from our national network of students and attorneys as well as our experience and know-how from our twenty five years of existence. In addition, as a member of NAPALSA, you are contributing to the strength, voice and power of NAPALSA and the greater APA community. Being an official affiliate of NAPALSA will provide your community with great benefits:
- Annual NAPABA (National Asian Pacific American Bar Association) Convention
- Regional workshops (e.g. Bay Area APALSA Conference)
- Inter-APALSA events (e.g. New York Inter-APALSA Council meetings & mixers)
Career and Professional Development
- Lawyer/Judge Regional Mentorship Program (Connect to practicing legal professionals in the region you intend to practice in post-law school)
- "First Bite" Program (NAPALSA posts open internships/jobs before these opportunities are made known to the public)
- APA Resource Handbook (includes information on local bar association and other contacts from across the nation)
- Quarterly NAPALSA newsletter (includes spotlights on chapter affiliates and interviews with attorneys/judges)
- NAPALSA online blog
- Shared calendar between all affiliate members so that everyone is in the "loop"
APA Unity and Solidarity
- An APA issue is highlighted in each NAPALSA newsletter
- Regional workshops involving APA issues have open invitations to affiliates
- Exchange of statistics and findings on APA enrollment and admissions to law schools, law firms, and public interest organizations